Equip-U certificate program
intro to discipleship
How do we live as disciples of Jesus? If God wanted, He could have taken you up to heaven as soon as you became a Christian. But He didn’t. He has a plan for you. This class will introduce you to how you can participate in the work God is doing in His world.
- Relate biblically, theologically, and practically to the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of discipleship at Old Fort Baptist Church.
- Learn about the importance of discipleship and how to incorporate discipleship into the way you study God’s Word, relate to one another at church, and live life with Gospel intentionality.
How to study the bible
As a professing Christian, you believe the Bible, but do you know why you can trust the text? There are different ways to interpret the Bible and that will impact what a person believes. This class will introduce the basic principles of Bible interpretation to help you strengthen your Bible study, your love of God, and your confidence in understanding the meaning and significance of the Bible.
- Explain the role of the author, text, and read in the interpretive process.
- Display competence in determining the meaning of a text.
- Develop an understanding of how to interpret different forms of literature in the Bible.
So you say you’re a Christian, but what do you actually believe? This class will equip you with a greater understanding of the doctrines of the faith and help you to answer some of life’s biggest questions.
- A comprehensive study of the major doctrines of the Christian faith.
- An examination of the doctrines of revelation, God, Christ, Spirit, salvation, creation, humanity, sin, the church, and end times.
- A better understanding of theology to strengthen one’s personal spiritual formation.
In-Person and Online Options:
Currently, classes will be held on-campus. Please check back for information or inquire about online class availability.
Average time to complete each course: 12-14 weeks
Class time: 90 minutes per week
DIS101: Introduction to Discipleship taught by Dr. Charles McCallum
THE101: Theology taught by Dr. Eric Lethco
BIB101: How to Study the Bible taught by Dr. Jonathan Watson