Director of Child's Day Out
Child's Day Out is a preschool and ministry for kids that allows moms to take a break for a few hours during the week. We offer an enriching 2-day program for children ages 6 mos. through 4 years. Additionally, we offer our 4-day Pre-K program to 4-5-year-olds.
Age-appropriate learning is provided for students, including music, recreation, and art. Classes begin every September with registration in February. CDO follows the Dorchester District II school calendar -including closures and make-up days.
Please read on to learn more about our program! Detailed information can be found in the document section of this page.
It is the philosophy of Child’s Day Out here at Old Fort Baptist Church that early childhood should be a time of fun, warmth, security, exploration, and discovery. Preschool children are creative and receptive. The staff strives to nurture and encourage these qualities in the children who attend.
The Child’s Day Out program's purpose is to provide an atmosphere that encourages social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth and development of the child as a whole. We will strive to enable each child to:
- Grow in trust, independence, and initiative
- Feel good about himself/herself
- Experience God’s love through loving relationships with other children and adults
- Enjoy happy times at church
- Explore the world around him/her
- Develop small muscles through art, puzzles, block and home living activities
- Exercise large muscles through movement activities indoors and other play activities
- Think and make choices for individual and small group activities.
Planned within the framework of philosophy and purpose, the curriculum for our program includes:
- Sharing and conversation time
- Bible stories
- Music and singing
- Creative art activities and crafts
- Games and large muscle activities
- Food preparation
- Science and nature activities
- Celebration of birthdays and holidays
Child’s Day Out is in session from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday and Wednesday OR Tuesday and Thursday for our younger preschoolers. Our 4-day program is in session fro 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Registration fee - $125, additional sibling $75
- Tuition – 2-day program $125 per month
- Tuition – 4-day, 4-year-old program $250 per month
- Late pick-up charge $5 for the first 15 minutes and $2 for each additional 5 minutes
- There are no refunds for absences.
Childs Day Out will accept cash or checks only for all payments.
It is now time to begin making our plans for next year. Registration will begin for children currently registered and their siblings on February 8, 2021. The first week you will be able to register only for the days you currently attend. The second week of registration, February 15– 18, you will be allowed to change days where spots are available. The following week, February 22, 2021 we will open registration for those on the waiting list and to Old Fort church members, and then March 1, 2021 we will open registration to the public for any remaining positions. Don’t delay registering. Classes fill up quickly and we would not want you to lose your spot.
To register, fill out a registration form for each child and return it with the non-refundable registration fee. The registration fee is $125.00 for one child and $75.00 for additional siblings. We will not be able to hold any spots without the registration fee. Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year will be $125.00 per month per child for the two day classes, and $250.00 for our four day four year old class.
- Feb. 8– 11 In house – current day only
- February 15 - 18 In house – open registration
- February 22- 25 Waiting list registration & Church members
- March 1 Public registration