Jonathan and Becca were married at OFBC on July 22, 2006. In the Fall of the following year, they began studies at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. Jonathan graduated with a Masters of Arts in Missiology in December of 2010, and they were appointed with the International Mission Board (IMB) in November of 2010 with almost 2-year-old Benjamin in tote and Matthew on the way. Matthew was born in Brazil not long after they arrived and they’ve been with the IMB for the last 9 years.
For some years, they were serving as church planters in Sao Leopaldo in Southern Brazil. God has also added to their family since then, Gabriella -who was born on their first furlough/Stateside Assignment in Charleston in 2015. With several changes happening in the IMB as well as family health factors, God has since then brought the Edneys back to the states where they are currently serving the Brazilian community in Charleston! With the help of local churches and organizations, they've planted a church that meets at Northwood Baptist Church off Greenridge Rd called Comunidade Batista de Charleston (CBC). They meet every Sunday night at 6pm.
How you can support the Edney Family now:
- Donate - As your heart leads, make an offering to support these local missionaries. Give>
- Pray for the local Brazilian community to know Christ and for God to use the Edney family to make disciples.
- Pray for the Gaúcho people of Southern Brazil to not settle for religious traditions but to know Christ as the all-satisfying Hope.
- Pray for our children’s unique struggles and victories in ministry.
- Participate - Connect with Jonathan and Becca on Facebook for more specific ways to pray and more ways God can use your specific gifts to help serve this church and make Jesus known to the nations! The Edneys Ministry on Facebook | CBC on Facebook