Director of Child's Day Out
Child's Day Out is a preschool and ministry for kids that allows moms to take a break for a few hours during the week. We offer an enriching 2-day program for children ages 6 mos. through 4 years. Additionally, we offer our 4-day Pre-K program to 4-5-year-olds.
Age-appropriate learning is provided for students, including music, recreation, and art. Classes begin every September with registration in February. CDO follows the Dorchester District II school calendar -including closures and make-up days.
Please read on to learn more about our program! Detailed information can be found in the document section of this page.
It is the philosophy of Child’s Day Out here at Old Fort Baptist Church that early childhood should be a time of fun, warmth, security, exploration, and discovery. Preschool children are creative and receptive. The staff strives to nurture and encourage these qualities in the children who attend.
The Child’s Day Out program's purpose is to provide an atmosphere that encourages social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth and development of the child as a whole. We will strive to enable each child to:
- Grow in trust, independence, and initiative
- Feel good about himself/herself
- Experience God’s love through loving relationships with other children and adults
- Enjoy happy times at church
- Explore the world around him/her
- Develop small muscles through art, puzzles, block and home living activities
- Exercise large muscles through movement activities indoors and other play activities
- Think and make choices for individual and small group activities.
Planned within the framework of philosophy and purpose, the curriculum for our program includes:
- Sharing and conversation time
- Bible stories
- Music and singing
- Creative art activities and crafts
- Games and large muscle activities
- Food preparation
- Science and nature activities
- Celebration of birthdays and holidays
Child’s Day Out is in session from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday and Wednesday OR Tuesday and Thursday for our younger preschoolers. Our 4-day program is in session fro 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Registration fee - $100
- Tuition – 2-day program $110 per month
- Tuition – 4-day, 4-year-old program $225 per month
- Late pick-up charge $5 for the first 15 minutes and $2 for each additional 5 minutes
- There are no refunds for absences.